The OLAS system is a product from Ultimate Sports Engineering Ltd
Using the OLAS System:
Before using the OLAS system it is imperative that you read the Disclaimer and the Limitation of Liability which follows. There is legal presumption that by using the MOB Tags and OLAS System you have read, understood and accepted the Disclaimer and the Limitation of Liability statement
- Start the OLAS App before you leave the dock and ensure all MOB Tags have been connected and are visible in the MOB Tag screen
- Check battery level of all connected OLAS Devices (OLAS tag, OLAS Float-On)
- Ensure GPS is running in the background
- Keep your phone plugged in to a charger as GPS drains the battery It is advised that the app is running in the foreground to enable maximum response time. It can take up to 30 second for the
system to respond if the phone is in locked mode.
- Calibrate you phone to one of the Tags ensuring at the furthest point from the phone on the vessel the Tag is still connected.
- Check that all Tag being used are working correctly by submersing them in water which will activate the alarm.
- As soon as an MOB situation occurs ensure a crew member keeps visual contact and points at the MOB
- Call the emergency services and give them the co-ordinates and time since the MOB occurred
- Use the OLAS System frequently as a practice aid for a MOB situation
The EXPOSURE OLAS System is an aid only. It is not to be used for navigation or lifesaving procedures. GPS coordinates cannot be relied upon to be accurate. Whilst accuracy of between 10-30 meters can be achieved, many factors can cause larger variations
The OLAS System can not and does not take the external environment into consideration. Wind, tide, current and other factors will affect the position of the MOB. The OLAS System can only assist you in getting back to the position that the automatic alert was issued.
The app is not warranted to be accurate. GPS reception is variable and cannot be relied on. The phone can take up to 40 seconds to get a good GPS lock even when GPS connectivity is available. The App will be more accurate if already running for 1 minute before grabbing the GPS location. It is advised that the app is running in the foreground to enable maximum response time. It can take up to 30 second for the system to respond if the phone is in locked mode. The App should only be used to complement other MOB methods and procedures
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In no event shall Ultimate Sports Engineering Ltd or its members, representatives or suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, loss of property, personal injury, lost revenue, lost profits, loss of goodwill, business interrution) arising from or related to the use or inability to use or reliance on the COB App, even if Ultimate Sports Engineering Ltd or its representatives or agents have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some jurisdictions prohibit the exclusion or limitation of liability for implied warranties or consequential damages or incidental damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you. You may have other legal rights that vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. To the extent any liability is found, in no event will the liability of Ultimate Sports Engineering Ltd, its members, representatives or suppliers exceed the amount paid for the OLAS System inclusive of the OLAS Tags.
Product: Ultimate Sports Engineering Ltd