OLAS Core Portable Wireless Overboard Alarm
The Core is a compact, portable overboard alarm and emergency light system. It reacts within 2 seconds of a person falling overboard and can easily be switched between vessels without the time and cost of wired instillation. The Core can connect with up to 15 OLAS transmitters and cover a vessel up to 50ft.
What it does
The Core wirelessly tracks OLAS transmitters around the vessel. When a person wearing a transmitter falls overboard the in-built alarm is triggered and a high-power emergency red light gives visual indication and illuminates the surrounding area, all within 4 seconds.
As well as triggering the Alarm, the Core connects with the free OLAS mobile application providing an easy to read arrow back to the alert position plus essential MOB last known position information and an auto populated VHF prompt screens to support the crew during the stress of a recovery operation.
Why use the OLAS CORE
The Core gives skippers complete confidence that in the event of a MOB incident, the entire crew are alerted instantly and can take immediate recovery actions.
Losing a crew member overboard is every sailors’ worst nightmare. The larger the boat, the more difficult it can be to know immediately that a MOB incident has occurred, especially in the dark with crew members forward of the mast.
It can happen all too easily even in benign conditions. Wearing a physical tether, whilst advisable, is not always practical, and indeed falling overboard on a tether has been proven to be no guarantee of survival if the boat is at full speed and the skipper is not immediately aware of the incident.
Who is it for
Any OLAS transmitting devices, the OLAS Tags and OLAS Float-On LED light, within range can be tracked by the CORE, allowing freedom for the crew to move around the deck, with total confidence that an early warning system will alert them instantly of a MOB incident, so a swift recovery can be actioned.
Connecting up to 15 OLAS transmitters allows the CORE to be used on onboard larger vessels. OLAS transmitters are not only designed for crew, simply by attaching a transmitter to objects such as MOB flotation devices, the dog or a yacht tender, you can always be aware if something has gone missing.
An OLAS Extender, which is also 5V USB powered with an internal rechargeable battery can be used to cover areas where the transmitter signal may be blocked. This allows complete scalability and portability to vessels up to 80ft.
The portable module is powered by 5V USB power supply enabling it to be used on different vessels without requiring hard wiring.
An 85db alarm will sound to indicate an OLAS transmitter has gone out of range. The CORE can be linked up with the OLAS app so that alarms can be placed in 2 locations on the vessel.
A high-power emergency Red light will illuminate, offering clear visual indication of an alert, whilst also acting as a light to illuminate the area to aid with recovery at night.
The CORE clearly indicates how many OLAS transmitters are connected during the setup process. Transmitters can be Added/Removed from the system either using the mobile App or through simple inbuilt switching process.
Mobile App Features
The Guardian is easily operated via the OLAS App, free to download from the App Store for iOS and the Google Play Store for Android. The OLAS app requires a device running the minimum of IOS11 or Android 5.1 to work. The OLAS App is a powerful tool for controlling the Guardians functions and for aiding in fast rescue.
- Monitor all OLAS transmitters that are being tracked
- Customise OLAS transmitter Names making them easy to allocate
- Check battery status for OLAS tags
- Add new OLAS transmitters to the Guardian system
- Pause the Guardian system if transmitters are leaving the area for a short period
- Adjust the time before the Guardian reacts to an overboard transmitter between 2 seconds to 15 seconds, allowing more freedom around larger vessels
- Adjust between cut-off switch and external alarm mode
- Kill switch mode activates the inbuilt switch for 5 seconds, cutting off the engine, but allowing users to restart the engine after 5 seconds
- External alarm mode activates the inbuilt switch until it is manually cancelled. This allows external, high power, alarms to be connected in series.
- Pause the alarm state
- Easily adjust individual transmitters between Engine cut-off (for the skipper), Alarm only (for passengers) and Pause (for passengers leaving the vessel temporarily)
- sounding the external alarm if a Tag wearer is out of range on both the Guardian and your mobile device.
- Adjust the time before the cut-off switch or alarm is triggered – offering greater freedom
- Maximum volume alarm and vibration on your mobile phone, synchronized with the Guardian.
- Indication of which transmitter has triggered the alarm
- Record the GPS location of where the alarm was triggered • Clear guidance back to the GPS location where the alarm was triggered
- Clear display of the time and GPS location of where the alarm was triggered and the user's current location. • VHF emergency script with automatically input GPS co-ordinates and custom vessel information Solo Mode
- Designed for when boating on your own within 2G cellular range or offshore Wifi. Solo mode will send an automatic text message to a custom number with your location and time of the incident. If a self-rescue is managed an automatic text is sent cancelling the alert.
Setup and Mounting
- USB Connection – simply plug in to any 5V USB supply and start tracking (note: not compatible with all portable power banks due to low power usage)
- Automatic power up
- No connection alert – automatic alert when no OLAS transmitters are in range, prompting setup
- Mounting holes for permanent fitting • Tape groove for semi-permanent attachment